Fine. It's not a Christmas cookie recipe. And it is NOT fancy nor gourmet in any way.
But give me a spoon and put me in the corner. Seriously, this is really good stuff. Warm, cheesy, bacony, tangy. Get some chips and dig in!
(Variations and ideas at the end)
Hot Bacon Dip
2 - 8 ounces packages of cream cheese
4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup half and half
1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons minced shallots
12 slices bacon - cooked, drained and crumbled
Combine all but the bacon in a crock pot and set to low. Stir after a couple of hours. Cook no longer than 4 hours, watch carefully for possible burning. Stir in the bacon at the end and serve with chips.
* Substitute goat cheese for half the cream cheese
* Use any grated cheese instead of cheddar, or a mixture
* Go ahead and use heavy whipping cream instead of half and half, you know you want to
* Use a coarse, grainy mustard in place of the Dijon
* Or better yet, use some prepared horseradish
* Use chopped green onions in place of the shallots, and increase it to 1/4 cup
* Shake in some hot sauce - I use either Tabasco Green Jalapeno or Crystal
* Might as well use the Frito Scoops for this deal