Chocolate Granola

My friend Christine posted her version of this recipe on facebook.  I was SO intrigued by the idea of chocolate granola!  Granola is a staple breakfast and snack food at our house, but I'm always open to new ideas!




Very artistic picture taken by Eric.  Men are so useful.

I changed Christine's recipe around a bit, using what I had and what my family likes.  Feel free to interpret liberally, making sure your "dry to wet" ratio of ingredients stays about the same.

Oh, and the best part?  This cooks in the crock pot!  For about 5-6 hours on low!  Handy as can be!


Chocolate Granola

7 cups rolled oats (old fashioned, not quick)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds (unsalted, raw)
1/2 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
1/2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup brown sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

Mix well and cook in crock pot on low for 5-6 hours, stirring once or twice.

Cool slightly and stir in:

1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Cool completely and store in an airtight container.



Comments

  1. I hope the Sassy's like it as much as the Gibby's do! ~Christine =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts