"Bye Bye Birdie" at the Chanhassen Dinner Theater

We had another terrific night at the Chanhassen Dinner Theater!

Bye Bye Birdie holds a special place in my heart.  It was the first stage musical I ever saw as a young child.  And it made a huge impression on me, staring my love of musical theater.

Eric and I had a great time.  Dinner was delicious, as usual.  I had their famous Chicken Chanhassen, he had a steak.  We had a great table and excellent service, and there was plenty of time to visit and enjoy our dinner before the show started.

Once more, the CDT delivered a spot-on performance of romance, comedy, song, dance, and true love.  The darling story of Albert and Rose, Hugo and Kim, and Conrad Birdie and his "One Last Kiss" before he goes off to the military came to life with great costumes and wonderful  music.  My personal favorite number is "The Telephone Hour" - a gossip extravaganza with the whole cast of teenagers trying to spread the news of Hugo and Kim getting pinned while jamming up the town's phone lines.  I remembered every word from my childhood!

And like every great musical, the guy gets the girl, and the other guy gets the other girl, and the whole town is blissfully happy, and the spirit of American service and teenage dreams hold fast and true for both the cast and the audience.

There are plenty of great tickets still available for many upcoming performances.  Make sure you call the box office to reserve yours today:  952-934-1525.  And visit www.chanhassendt.com for more information about this show and other performances running now and new shows in the future.

A couple of pictures from the show:




Comments

Popular Posts