Chicken and Pinto Enchiladas with Cilantro Cream Sauce

All credit for these beauties goes to my friend Jillian.  It's basically her recipe.  Which I had to ask for at least 3 different times.  Because I'm 45 and, well, I'm 45.

Thanks, Jillian!


I usually do the reddish sauce for enchiladas.  But really, what could be wrong with jack cheese, cream cheese, cream, sour cream.  Really?

Here you go.  This made 2 really big pans, but I have a really big family and we like leftovers.

Chicken and Pinto Enchiladas with Cilantro Cream Sauce

24 small flour tortillas
6 cups shredded chicken
2 cups cooked pinto beans (maybe 2 cans worth?)
one bunch green onions, chopped (reserve 1/2 cup for topping)
8 ounces cream cheese
2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon chipotle powder

Sauce
1 cup sour cream
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups salsa verde
1 large bunch cilantro, chopped

Topping
2 cups monterey jack cheese
reserved green onions

In a large bowl, gently stir together chicken, beans, green onions, cream cheese, jack cheese, cumin and chipotle.

Spoon 2-3 tablespoons down the middle of each tortilla, roll up and place seam side down in a buttered 9x13 baking pan.

In a medium bowl, blend together sour cream, heavy cream, salsa verde and cilantro.  Pour over enchiladas, and top with the rest of the cheese and green onions.

Bake in a 350 oven, uncovered, for 30 minutes.

Serve with more salsa verde or hot sauce.

Comments

  1. Ooh, these look wonderful! I'm not a fan of the red enchilada sauce. I think this creamy sauce would be MUCH better. I'll be trying these for sure...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts